Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Solar System

Ever since Mickey Mouse had his first Space Adventure, Jack's love of all things "space" has been growing. Planets, spaceships, moons, asteroids, comets . . . you name it and Jack knows something about it. In fact, I think I know more about each planet now than I ever did in school and I'm quite sure that we have the only two year who can name the planets in order starting with Mercury and ending with Pluto. Although Jack is quick to correct because Pluto is no longer a planet. (Bonus points if you can tell me what kind of planet Pluto is considered!) This is how much we talk about and read about space. So my sister, the master knitter she is, decided to knit Jack his very own Solar System to hang from the ceiling in his room. It might be one of the coolest things I've ever seen made out of "knit thread" as Jack calls it. Jack goes to sleep staring at it every night and I can only imagine what kind of space adventures he has had in his dreams.

No comments: